Hey guys,
I'm 17 and will shortly be doing my gap year. I intend to spend at least a month in Argentina, hopefully to dramatically improve my game. I groom too, so I'd be happy to work. Most of the places are around £5000 give or take a few hundred pounds for a month. I have however found an organisation called 'The Leap' at a stable called La Asuncion, about 1h 20 from Buenos Aires. they do 10 weeks for about the same price.

So I'm asking two things:
1. I was just wondering where have you guys been in Argentina for this sort of thing, and your opinions.
2. Do you think this 10 week trip to 'The Leap' be as beneficial as a month at a clinic?

Either way, i'm greatly looking forward to going out there, meeting new people and playing everyday!
Any help or views would be great!
Thanks

p.s. I'm new here and I'd like to thank everyone for giving me such a warm welcome! I've never seen everyone be so friendly on a website before. Feel free to add me as I want to get a feel of polo from all sides of the world!

Views: 385

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Sella and Dan, how are you? I am Diego LLaneza, the host in La Asuncion for gap year students. Justcame accoss this idscussion and thought I might shed some light on the issue.

The reason we have such convenient prices is that we focus in the gap year student niche (accommodating up to twelve / fourteen students at the same time on ocassion) and being able to split costs not only for our program at the farm but also in trips to Buenos Aires, Bariloche, Calafate, Uruguay, Iguazu Falls and other destinies our students choose for short outings off the farm.

We might also be the only school in Argentina offering programs of up to ten weeks that include breeding, training and playing lessons and sharing a lot of time time with our breeding operation staff, so many of our visitors are youngsters looking forward not only to enjoy polo at Uni but also to improve other horse skills (such as training and excercising green horses) that will allow them to land better jobs in their immediate future.

And then, there´s the season issue .. since most of our students are getting ready for Uni in September, our seson starts July 31st. You will have time to learn all thos skills and then get back home on time to (reluctantly, at first!) continue your studies.

Should you have any questions or doubts, please feel free to reach me at +549 113 363 7485 or email me at diego@laasuncion54.com.ar. I will also share a file here (for you to check.

Thank you for considering us and The Leap, and all the best

Diego

All the best
Attachments:
Hello Diego,

Thank you very much for all that. I will definitely consider going to La Asuncion when I take my gap year (which may have to be deferred to 2011 now!).

Cheers,

Sella.
Thank you, Sella. i look forward to having you soon with us. Please let me have any comments or questions you might want to discuss in upcoming months while analyzing 2011. We love what we do and we´ll share with whenever you might want to discuss it with. All the best,

D
Send me an email to mfdarritchon@fibertel.com.ar and please check www.lamariposapolo.com.ar, we can accommodate your gap year trip to Argentina.
La Mariposa is one of the leading schools in Argentina and England.

Regards
Mariano
Hi, Sella and Dan, how are you? I am Diego LLaneza, the host in La Asuncion for gap year students. Justcame accoss this idscussion and thought I might shed some light on the issue.

The reason we have such convenient prices is that we focus in the gap year student niche (accommodating up to twelve / fourteen students at the same time on ocassion) and being able to split costs not only for our program at the farm but also in trips to Buenos Aires, Bariloche, Calafate, Uruguay, Iguazu Falls and other destinies our students choose for short outings off the farm.

We might also be the only school in Argentina offering programs of up to ten weeks that include breeding, training and playing lessons and sharing a lot of time time with our breeding operation staff, so many of our visitors are youngsters looking forward not only to enjoy polo at Uni but also to improve other horse skills (such as training and excercising green horses) that will allow them to land better jobs in their immediate future.

And then, there´s the season issue .. since most of our students are getting ready for Uni in September, our seson starts July 31st. You will have time to learn all thos skills and then get back home on time to (reluctantly, at first!) continue your studies.

Should you have any questions or doubts, please feel free to reach me at +549 113 363 7485 or email me at diego@laasuncion54.com.ar. I will also share a file here (see below) for you to check.

Thank you for considering us and The Leap, and all the best

Diego

All the best
Attachments:
Hey Dan,

I loved Argentina, and I'll definitely be going back! I go to the La Tarde Polo Club which is close to BA (most clubs are around 3 hours away). The horses are amazing and the instruction is really good - Juan worked in the UK so his English is almost perfect. I know they are doing a gap year program this year as well - you should check out their website: www.latardepolo.com.ar

It's much less expensive than some other clubs but they treat you really well - they do your laundry, you get Satellite TV in your room, the clubhouse is new and huge, and there's a full bar!

I would really recommend the La Tarde Polo club!

Eli x

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Hugh Evans (PCW Editor).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service